Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Caitlin & Ryan {A Lake Huron Engagment)

I'm one of those 'easy to please' people. My dad always told me that growing up..."Sarah, it doesn't take much to make you happy. I think you could be happy anywhere." It's true...I think I could. I've lived in the middle of a bustling city, the middle of rural america (complete with the smell of fresh cow poo in the air) and in the suburbs. I've been content with all of those places....

As I drove two hours away from my home last weekend to visit Caitlin & Ryan near the shore of Lake Huron for their engagement session, I witnessed some of the most BEAUTIFUL scenes that complete rural America. I drove through beautiful rolling hills of farmland and I thought to myself, "I could be happy living out here."

Ryan's family has owned a farm near Lake Huron since the 1800's. It's 60 acres have been cared for by Ryan and his family for a looooonnggg time. A whole lot of 'blood, sweat and tears' have gone into making the farm what it is now. I enjoyed hearing a bit about it's heritage as we strolled through the property, and even more so, I enjoyed time spent getting to know Caitlin & Ryan a bit more.

SUCH a sweet, intelligent, welcoming couple. I cannot wait to photograph their wedding this August.

We had the most PERFECT, yummy late-in-the-day lighting and backdrops for their shoot, and once again, I'm sharing 'way too many' portraits with you. How can a girl narrow that down any further?? ENJOY!