Sunday, February 5, 2012

Addie Grace Turns FOUR! {Detroit, MI Photography}

You know those moments before you fall asleep at night...when you're in between consciousness and dreamland? I might be weird, but as I fall asleep each night I take myself to my own little 'happy place' and reminisce. I often times bring myself back to my Grandparent's house that I spent so much time at growing up, or my Oma and Opa's old farm in Ceadarburg, WI. I'll remember the feel of the dance floor beneath my feet at my old ballet studio, or picking lilacs & lilly of the valley's in my parent's backyard. It seems as if i remember every detail, every smell...everything. And as I fall asleep I often hover over those memories swimming around in my mind that I don't have time to entertain during the business of my days.

Sometimes that 'happy place' includes more recent memories. Like the events surrounding our daughter's birth. Addie is an incredible miracle. A miracle who just turned FOUR. I often think about when we first were introduced to our daughter. I didn't have a clue how to be a mother, nor did I realize just how much she would teach me about life. All I knew was that I was holding the most beautiful baby in the world in my arms...a little person with a whole lifetime of potential ahead of her.

After four miscarriages in 15 months we have learned just how blessed we are to have her. She was a 'threatened miscarriage' herself, and I am thankful every single day that God allowed her to be ours. Recently I've been answering the same 'ol question again of, "So when will you be having another baby? It's about that time, you know." I just smile politely and thank the Lord that we have been blessed with ONE gorgeous, amazing little girl who has changed our lives in countless wonderful ways. I'm thankful beyond what words can express!

I took Addie to the Detroit Institute of the Arts for her portraits as our little girl loves the arts. She loves ballet, performing, singing, drawing, painting, etc.....and she can ponder a painting with the best of them. It was the perfect location for her and we both spent the whole day in awe of the greatness that surrounded us.

Enough words. Here's our gorgeous, growing little girl!















Yes, that's me behind Addie. Once upon a time I was a ballerina as well. My, how 12 years can age your form/flexibility! :)